Site Meter

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fly Free Wee Fly

I don't mind admitting that I only shower every other day. Obviously I wash every day but I don't like to wash my hair every day as it's a chore and once you start that caper with your hair it starts to need being washed every day. But the problem is that there are seven days in the week which kinda messes up my weekly regime. I don't know who invented the days of the week (probably them same dicks that invented numbers) but they clearly hadn't anticipated what life would be like in the year 2010 for a young twenty-something woman. So I propose we just do away with a day. Personally I would choose Tuesday, it's always dragged in for me and nobody ever remembers what they did on a Tuesday.

I rescued a fly from a spider's web. I don't really know why. I guess I just felt sorry for it and then I felt sorry for the spider too for setting it's dinner free. I used a stick to catch the web from under the fly's feet and the spider lunged out. Scared the hell outta me but then I felt a sense of happiness when I saw the fly fly free. I wonder if I need therapy?

7 comments:

Nelly said...

Get rid of Tuesday? What would Tuesday Kid do?

hootchinhannah said...

He'd have to call himself Wednesday Boy. But never mind that mum, are you not more concerned that your daughter might need therapy?

Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday today and i've just had 10 days away from work (Hopton Holiday Village, lovely barbie wth Katy and Mark). If you got rid of Tuesday i would be back at work now. Keep Tuesday or add an extra day to the week. Dad. xxxxx

hootchinhannah said...

Oh OK then, let's get rid of Monday seeing as everyone hates Mondays. Adding another day to the week would just be too much. Though maybe if it was an extra day at the weekend that could be ok. I'll have to reevaluate the situation.

Tuesday Kid said...

Exactly Nelly! I propose getting rid of Thursday. Imagine if after Wednesday it was the weekend. Much better!

Jakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jakes said...

It's Tuesday now. Work smells of dead rat and it's dead as a doornail.(Obviously it's work that's dead, the rat was long gone before I started)! I wouldn't have minded just goin' straight through to Wednesday.