Site Meter

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Breaking up is hard to do but there are good break ups and there are bad break ups. I never really talked about my boy on my blog. For a few reasons. For the fact that it's kinda hard announcing that you've met someone you like in an sphere that's so public, especially when you know that the person you like will read it. It's also hard if you're not actually sure where that relationship's going and you're just wanting to take things slowly and casually. It's also hard when you know, even before you've embarked on that relationship, that it was always going to be temporary because you never planned on staying in that place where that person is. You always knew that one day it'd be over because you were going somewhere far away for an indefinite period of time.

Breaking up is hard to do. Especially when you love someone deeply but you knew, right from day one, you never stood a chance. And if I'm giving the impression that this love was one-sided. It wasn't. It was always reciprocated. It was mutual. We showed it in different ways but we both showed it and we both felt it and it was divine. It was a soft, comforting blanket wrapped round our hearts and cheeks and souls. It was what it was and it was enjoyed until it stopped becoming enjoyable.

Breaking up is hard to do. But sometimes it's the right thing to do. And when 2 people can realise this, accept it and leave each other, not with bitterness, but with kind words and respect and appreciation and thought, then it's a good break up. And in my eyes, that's true love. When you care about a person so much that you can let them be free. When their happiness is more important that yours because if they're happy, you'll be happy. And you know it's a good break up if you look at what you've shared and you don't regret a thing, you just try to figure out the lesson that life is teaching you. Aye, there are good break ups and there are bad break ups.

Either way though, it still hurts.

4 comments:

Hails said...

Aww Hannah, this is a beautiful post. Very dignified yet very poignant. I envy you your maturity and wish I could have managed something like this! ;) Hope it gets easier soon and you're getting all psyched up for your next big adventure. Big hug. xx

hootchinhannah said...

Aw Hails, if only you knew it was reading your blog during that time that inspired and encouraged me to write with my heart. I had tried to leave a comment when you were writing but everything I wrote ended up sounding, well, dumb.

Maybe I was just lucky to have a 'good' break-up. I certainly know that I was lucky to have experienced love like that in the first place. I just hope that if I find it again that I can hold onto it.

Your blog is an absolute joy to read at the minute. Korea was never on my list of places to visit but it sounds amazing. Apart from the swine flu. I hope that's getting better :) XXX

Jakes said...

Hails is right, it was a very beautiful thing to write, and explained things perfectly. It was great to hear that it wasn't all that bad wi' me, in fact if we had have been in different places in our lives, who knows what might have happened, but c'est la vie I suppose. I wish I could explain mesel' as eloquently as you but I just haven't got the words. It's a hard break-up, but a good one (if that makes sense), and I really wish you all the happiness ye deserve. Ye deserve a lot!

I hope I haven't embarrassed or bothered you by commenting here.

Jakes XXX

hootchinhannah said...

Funny how my words flowed so easily when I wrote that post but now I'm really struggling to write a reply to your comment. Thanks though. It was sweet. Really sweet.