Site Meter

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ta

Ok, 'tis about time I thanked everyone for their lovely Christmas gifts. It was a funny one this year and I got most of my presents after I'd actually seen the people who gave them to me. So I would've have thanked them then but wouldn't have known what I was thanking them for. If that makes sense. Even if it doesn't as long as those who know they need to be thanked are thanked.

Damn! I just inhaled coffee and coughed it all over the keyboard. I bet that looked really sexy.

Big Brother is finally over. I'm glad that Jade and her 2 wenches acted the way they did. Although those girls claim they are not racist they have shown how people use cultural differences to alienate and isolate someone. They did this to Shilpa because they were jealous of her not because she was of a different race. Either way, their behaviour was unacceptable. I'd like to think if they were bullying Shilpa without any references to her culture that they would've been booted out anyway. Sadly, I don't think it would've been the case. So when it came to the final there was the gay Welsh man, 2 Americans, one white and one afro-carribean, and an Indian woman. Do the British public not like the British celebrities? Are British celebs (if we could even call them that) just an embarassment to us?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i rekons, im with dirk (faceman) ' the days of celebrity are over'.

hootchinhannah said...

Ah, but you see, I learnt in my first semester at uni when I did a module about Stars (as in celebrities not the wans in the sky) and our first lesson was distinguishing between an actor/actress and a star/starlet. I am with Dirk too, the days of celebrity are over. The biggest mistake that Celeb BB made was mixing celebrities with acytors and singers who actually have talent. This is why the celebs are so bitchy because they know they have no talent to fall back on.