Site Meter

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Driver's Ed

Bertram has very kindly offered to pay for driving lessons for me. For a while now I have been using the excuse that I can't afford them but now that burden has been lifted thanks to Bertie Boy. I am excited and nervous. Driving is something that I hadn't thought about doing 'til sometime in my 30's. Although I knew it was something I should do sooner rather than later.

So I've decided to be very dedicated. I went to get my form for my provisional licence today and passed by through Eason's on the way. I saw that they were having a book clear out and had a wee rummage through. I noticed a driver's theory book and thought I'd get it and start swotting up straight away. This time in 3 months time I will be an expert on the theory of driving a large vehicle. It will come in handy for when I become a long distance lorry driver.

8 comments:

Nelly said...

Way....!

(As in way to go)

Anonymous said...

Wow....!

hootchinhannah said...

Woo...!

Anonymous said...

Waow-wee.Once you are driving a car you will have to get a dog to go in it!
Mel. xx

hootchinhannah said...

I will have to get several dogs to go in it. Or I suppose I could steal a couple of Mum's dogs.

Anonymous said...

good work hannah...i was quite happily putting it off til my 30's too, maybe i'll take a leap out your book

good luck,
mikey x

Mudflapgypsy said...

Not to be one for handing out advice... people in the 'Mena tend not to use their indicators much especially at roundabouts. Keep your wits about you and watch the other drivers as 99% of them cannot drive well. Keep below 35 mph on the Galgorm road and the Ballymoney road. I know people who have been stopped and ticketed for doing 40 on these roads. Happy travelling and keep between the hedges.

hootchinhannah said...

Aye Mikey, 'tis one of those things, like giving up smoking, that will be much easier done now rather than putting it off.

Thanks for the advice Mudflapgypsy. I know they're bad drivers here. I have spent years hoping that someday I'll be able to make a claim from being run over on a zebra crossing.