Site Meter

Monday, January 22, 2007

Leap Year Babies

Between me, Jamie and Nelly's other half, not one of us knows anybody born on the 29th of February. We tried to work out the probability of it when we were drunk but neither me or Bert has a very good head for maths. Where are all the Leap Year babies? And don't they feel slightly cheated? Do they celebrate their birthday on the 28th of February or the first of March? If I was born on the 29th of February I'd have a huge party every leap year. I'd get all the other Leap Year babies together and have a massive celebration.

I started work at 6 this morning for a stocktake. It's always hateful getting out of bed but it was nice to get home at 3 this afternoon. It was actually day light and though it was bitterly cold the sun was shining. I could almost convince myself it was summer.

Nelly's kitten is adorable. I want to believe that's it's my kitten too but apart from attacking my alien fingers she doesn't bother much with me. It's because she's too busy winding up the dogs. We thought Harry was one helluva cat the way he got on with the dogs but he was nothing compared to this little minx and Harry didn't have an alsation to contend with. If Holly isn't getting a rise out of Bonnie by clawing her paws she'll stick her head in the alsation's mouth. She'll lie in a plastic bag hung on a door handle like she 's chilling on a hammock. She does great wee dances and leaps in the air. But she's not Harry. Harry was a wee cootchie cat who'd snuggle with you. He had a beautiful purr and Holly never seems to purr. Which is a shame because that's one of the best things about a cat. Holly lets out bad-tempered mean growls if you even so much as brush up against one of the hairs on her tail. But she's still class.

Bring on the longer days so I can get my camera out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have forgotton my moms birthday for the last years in a row - why - because i swore to god it was on 29 February. Then it dawned on me 29 Fdeb. actually only happens once every 4 years. You would think i wouldn't have forgotton the second time round!
so this year I MUST remember otherwise she will divorce me or something.
I love the Holly kitten - she is uber sweet but tooty cat always has a special place in my heart!
Hope you are well love - i will see you soon as I get back on 14 Feb. after a few days in Amsterdam (well deserved break!).
Much love and say hello to Jamie for me.
Mel.
x x xx x x xx

hootchinhannah said...

So when is you moms' birthday? Tooty will always have a special place in my heart too for she was the cuddliest cootchiest cat ever. Have a good time in the 'Dam. Can't wait to see you xx

Anonymous said...

Moms birthday is in fact 2 February. I think. I got a card and can't post her present (going to get her some crazy gin) so its actually quite good!
Lots of love,

Mel.x x

hootchinhannah said...

I didn't know your moms drank gin. That'll be something to do with her being a far out relative of the Wee Manny's.