Site Meter

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Sitting On The Wall

Last night I went out for a feed of food and a feed of whisky. It was, I guess, a date, sort of. I went to bed much later than I'm used to and much wobblier than I'm used to and then I felt like I was coming down with some kind of lurgi. I woke this morning feeling much like one feels after a feed of whisky and managed to convince myself that it was the effects of alcohol making me feel lurgied. I left the house at half twelve, bought a sandwich to eat and then headed up to meet my class mates before our exam. When I say exam it wasn't a difficult exam. Our tutor told us it wasn't rocket science and there was no need to revise. She was right. We all felt confident enough about it and afterwards I realised that I was most definitely coming down with a lurgi. I am the girl who never gets sick except for occasional bouts of pear picking porky flu and donkey flu. I believe this may be some kind of whisky flu.

When I was a child I rarely got sick. I had never experienced a flu until I was 20. And, to be fair, I don't think I've had proper flu since. Adults seem to think that because having a cold feels ten times worse than it did when they were a kid that it's flu. I just think adults are wusses.

Ziggy is back from an overnight stay at mum's. He's wrecked. Just how I like him to be. My friend N called round for us the other day and we took a walk in Broughshane. I walked out the door and N was sitting on the Twit's wall. So were the Twits. They weren't too pleased and glared at us. As soon as N stood up they stood up and walked down the street. I looked back to find Mr Twit standing watching us getting into the car. Glaring. I said to N, "You probably shouldn't sit on their wall."



3 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I hope you recover from the Whisky Flu soon Miss Hannah, Luckily I dont drink but I may have had Hot Chocolate flu before and I have had Man Flu that is terrible. . . . . . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, i'd thought that was your wall! Oh well. Sorry to hear about the whiskey flu. Hopefully it has cleared up ok

hootchinhannah said...

Thanks Rob, I still have a touch of it but I won't let it hinder me.

The Twits are very possessive over their wall N. I guess they have very little to occupy their time. Anyway, I'll see you Saturday night and hopefully drinking some more whisky will counteract the whisky flu!