Site Meter

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back

I'm back from Madrid, back from Katkins' wedding and back to work (only part time but it's better than nothing). Madrid was fantastic. Cocktails and Tapas are the way forward. My boy says: Mojito's? Yes please, Powdered whiskey? No thanks. Also, no thanks to rancid burgers but yes please to buying fresh bread and cheese and having a picnic in the Botanic Gardens. We walked a lot, laughed a lot, talked a lot, made some friends and on the last day we took a row boat out on the lake in the park. We went to the zoo, Real Madrid stadium and a couple of museums. We found the BEST sweetshop and delicious ice cream. We went clubbing with 2 guys who worked at our favourite bar. We climbed a million steps everyday to get to our hostel on the 6th floor, a hostel that was owned by the lead singer from ZZ Top.

So then it was time to leave Madrid and head to Norfolk for the lovely Katkins wedding. We stayed in cottages in the most beautiful English countryside. We took walks to the nearest village and ate delicious toffee tiffin at Tilly's. I nearly cried as my big sis walked down the aisle with my dad giving her away. I'm not really a romantic person but I think I was just so happy for her. I also cried during the speeches as mum read out a letter from my dear sweet granny who couldn't make it on the day.

So now it's back to butts. I didn't get the job I had the interview for but I'm back at my old job part time. I was asked if I wanted a few hours and although I'd rather have full time hours I think even working a bit will be good for my head. I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. Especially when I'm not a mom. And on that note I think I should go see what I can rustle up for dinner.

2 comments:

Jakes said...

Good Times!!!!

hootchinhannah said...

Thank God for them babe.