Site Meter

Friday, March 23, 2007

Challenge Anneka

Within our house we have the makings of a jazz/folk band. We currently have a trumpet, trombone, cornet, clarinet, saxophone, drum machine, two geetars, a couple of harmonicas and I'm sure there's a tin whistle floating about somewhere. The clarinet is here courtesy of Bert via Young Rooney and the drum machine has been borrowed from the Mandolin Man. Oh, I forgot, we also have a Tibetan singing bowl.

Despite all these musical instruments I still have to listen to what can only be described as noise (oh dear, sounding old again). But seriously, Jamie is getting into a form of music that really is only noise. Horrible screeching, scratchy, electronic sounds that fill him with gleeee but make my ears bleed blood from my brains. He says it's soothing. It's like silence to him. Of course this only proves that he's buck mad and has terrible taste in music.

Like I can talk. I still love Courtney and I still love shrieking along with her like a banshee. The more it hurts your throat the better it is for other people to listen to. One of the reasons I love Courtney is the memories I have of being a youngster. Getting drunk with Dirt Bird, Barbie and Horatio in someone's house, which was still in the process of being built. Running around outside playing Challenge Anneka with Barbie screaming we have to get to that tree! Slipping about and falling in the mud.

Eventually Dirt Bird's little sister found as all lying on the ground looking up at the stars, screaming Hole songs. Me and Horatio were meant to stay at Dirt Bird's house that night but were driven home by her dad for being naughty. It was tough stifling our giggles in the car and when we got to Horatio's we crawled up the stairs in drunken hysterics tramping mud all over the carpet. I never laughed so much in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee - I am glad you still screech along to Hole songs - from time to time I have a wee listen to all the music from my youth. Ah it takes me back to manys a night spent in my parents greenhouse!
Hope your well and good. I think you should apply for the job at work - you would be good at it & if you had to boss people about you would be a nice person to do it. I can't make it back for your birthday weekend - can't get time off work - but am back the weekend after so can't wait to see you.

Much love,

Mel.x x x x x

hootchinhannah said...

Aaah, the Greenhouse. Remember when I was hiding in their for your 21st b'day. All those poor bugs that got frazzled in the candles.

Can't wait to see you honey.

Anonymous said...

oh aye - that was the best birthday suprise. Those candles did have a suprising amount of bugs in them! Dad has retired so maybe he will be doing more home maintenance. reckon there are a right few cig ends in there too! ha.
See you soon.

x x