Site Meter

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Candy Strippers

I was showing Jamie and Peppy le Peu my new shirt for work. It's red and white vertical stripes so I said to them Look, I'm like a candy striper. Jamie agreed and said something about me working in an ice cream van. I started to doubt myself. Did I even know what a candy striper was? I asked Jamie and Lee if they knew. They didn't. I asked them if they had ever heard of one. They hadn't. They thought I had made the term up. I told them what I thought it was, a girl who worked in a hospital, helping out with the patients. They didn't believe me. I got Jamie to look it up on the internet and lo and behold, I was right. He found this.

It took Jamie a good ten minutes to piece it all together. The red and white striped uniform, why they were called candy stripers. When he seen this
version of the costume he wondered if maybe they weren't called candy stripers but candy strippers.

No comments: