Site Meter

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Farewell Stoke

'Tis only a week and a few days before I go back to Ireland. I've been thinking about the things I am looking forward to. Top of the list has to be seeing my family, this includes the dogs and cat. I am especially looking forward to the new arrivals (if the rumours are true!). I am looking forward to being independent again, when I'm working and have my own flat. I am looking forward to all the wonderful people I've met in Stoke coming to visit me in Belfast. I am also looking forward to spending some time in the countryside before hitting the big city, and Nellybert's new house.

But of course, thinking of all the things I am looking forward to inevitably leads me to think about all the things I'm gonna miss. I'll miss my friends a lot. They are the ones who make Stoke a nice place to live. I'm gonna miss Gravy Dave and his weird bus station obsession. I'm gonna miss AC and her ability to outdrink near enough everyone she knows. I'm gonna miss accoustic night at the Talbot although I won't miss Dog Ruff's songs. But most importantly, I'm gonna miss my big handsome Man Beast. I'll miss him making me coffee in the morning and bringing me sweets back from the shop. I'll miss him loads but hopefully he will be joining me in March next year.

So the next week involves catching up with people and doing nice things. Dad has promised to take me to Flash (the highest village in England) and there is the new playground in Hanley Park that I haven't tested out yet. And of course, packing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saying hello as I have only found your blog. Good luck with the packing.

ganching

Anonymous said...

Waow - Hannah's got a blog! and I never realised until now 0- i feel slightly ashamed. Have working in the 7th layer of hot hot hell that is work - boo. My parents regularly think i've been kidnapped/died/alien abducted as i never call anyone anymore. This week however - and for all subsequent weeks - i am going to make an extra special effort to keep in touch with everyone. so glad you got a blog - this is the perfect way to keep in touch.
Anyhoo - dunno when you going home but good luck and all. I'm going to be home from 3rd - 5 th November so hopefully you will be there!
Lots and lots of love,

Mel. xx x x x

hootchinhannah said...

Yeeeahh Mel Y. I posted a reply to this comment already but am posting again incase you didn't see it. Sounds like your nasty bosses need a good kick up the arse for making you work so hard. I'll be home in November so will see you then. Can't Wait!!

Anonymous said...

Stoke will miss you too Hannah :o)
I wish I had the time to be addicted to the internet again cus this blog stuff is quite cool isnit.
Ownership of a PC would also help!
Me and Cork when to Disley last weekend - we had a very productive day :beams:

hootchinhannah said...

Good old Didsleyland it doesn't disappoint. Get yoursel a blog Joolie they're great xx