Site Meter

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Acoustic Neat

Last night I went to acoustic night at the Talbot. Since being unemployed I have had plenty of spare time to practise on my geetar. So, thought I, I shall do a wee number at acoustic night. I put my name down on the list and drank JD and cokes until it was my turn. The tune I was thinking of doing is a Bright Eyes song called The First Day of My Life. But unfortunately nerves got the better of me and I forgot the chords and the words so I couldn't even bluff it. I had to completely abandon that one and move swiftly onto the next, which was Trenchtown Rock, originally by Bob Marley but I was doing the Sublime version. This didn't go as smoothly as planned either but at least I remembered the chords and words. I wish I was 17 again. I didn't care then about forgetting words and not being very good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you gave it a go!

Anonymous said...

i was there and trenchdown rock was performed well. Just need more confidence baby. U came home and played the bright eyes one without fault.

Nelly said...

Yay hay! I'm looking forward to hearing more guitar and less whistle.

hootchinhannah said...

What about the Saxophone Nelly, you looking forward to that!? Don't think I'm bringing it over just yet so your ears will be spared from the bleeding.

And your right Zoe, at least I gave it a shot but I really felt like walking off the stage and hiding in a big hole.

And as for you anonymous - you lie!