Site Meter

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Prince Albert For Jack

When you work with lorry drivers you talk to them at your own peril. Innocent things can be turned into filth. Everything you say can be misconstrued. This leads to face reddening situations. For example:

While having a conversation about devices that remove staples (staple removers) you should not say They're only good if you have a big thick one and you can pull it out.

This will only be met with roars of laughter and severe ridiculing about pulling big thick ones out.

It is also not a good idea to tell your work colleagues about a dirty looking fella who was in last week holding a big tool. If you don't know the name of the tool he's holding you should say nothing.

When accepting a lift from one of the drivers be prepared for him to answer a call from The Boss on his mobile screaming: Would ye get a away from me! Get away! That's the last time I give that wee girl a lift home, she won't keep her hands off me!

It's like being back in the playground but it is funny when The Boss shouts out: Hannah do ye know what a Prince Albert is?

I do aye.

Tell Jack what it is, he disnae know what a Prince Albert is.


So I explained to Jack what a Prince Albert is. He is so enlightened he's thinking of getting one.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off to latitude in a few days with Katy n Mark. Will finally get to see Nick Cave! xxxxx

hootchinhannah said...

Send him my love dad, me and Nick are good buddies. If you're wondering where your late Father's Day present and early Birthday presents are they are still floating around cyberspace. I lost my bank card a few weeks ago and it would be sod's law that I'd be waiting on my pin no. over the bank holiday.

Have a great tim at Latitiude and send my love to Linda, Katy an Mark xx

Anonymous said...

Will definitely have a great tim if we can find one.xxxxx