Site Meter

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

End of Term

Haven't had much time to post as I've been busy doing Bangkok with Romy et al for her real birthday celebrations. We went for mexican food and Brad and I had been dreaming and fantasising about it for a week. I got the enchiladas as advised by pretty much everyone. Then it was off to the Saxophone jazz bar where we went for Anne Marie's birthday. The band were just as good as they were the last time. The bass player told Keara that the band had been talking with each other about how every time they looked at me I was always dancing and smiling. Well if a band will play good music I will smile and dance.

After the first band finished I started to flag. Nothing to do with the fact that I had been drinking at Toby's 'til 6 O'Clock that morning. It was because it was our last night at Toby's bar before he downsizes. He told us last week that he couldn't afford the rent and he has a baby with another one on the way. Whatever the reason he told us that he was changing location to his mum's house so Friday night was our last night at Toby's bar as we know it.

Now I'm busy at school preparing tests for my MEP classes. It's hard for me to do because I have to give them all the same test knowing full well that some are better than others. So I'm struggling between making it too easy for some and too difficult for others. It doesn't matter too much anyway because the Thai teachers will change their marks anyway.

Just 2 more weeks of actual teaching, then it's a week and a half of invigilationg exams, then 2 weeks of English Camp and then it's holidaaaaaaysssss. Yesss!

6 comments:

David Todd said...

I had to snicker a bit when I read 'my MEP classes' and thought of you trying to teach Big Ian.

Just wondering,is there any religious or historical connection with the holidays there?

hootchinhannah said...

45 pubescent kids all talking at the same time is definitely preferable to trying to teach Big Ian.

The holidays I have coming up are just like a mid term holiday. But Thailand have national holidays for the King and Queen's birthday. There are religious national holidays aswell to do with Buddhism. The schools have the whole month of april off which is like their summer hols because it is the hottest time of year and it would be a pure sin to make the kids go to school in that. April is also the Thai New Year and so there are many celebrations to honour Buddha. I'm hoping to spend the new year in Chiang Mai for the massive waterfight.

Nelly said...

Well I think you could teach Big Ian a lot.

You could teach him to dance.
You could teach him to play 'Pretty on the Inside' on the guitar.
You could teach him to skin up.
And you could teach him the Hail Mary.

hootchinhannah said...

I could teach him anything other than English basically. But what could he teach me?

Nelly said...

the gospel

BTW - how's the twitchy paw?

hootchinhannah said...

Aaah the Gospel, just what I need to know about.

The twitchy paw is fine. I slept funny on it.