Site Meter

Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Last Post from Ireland

I haven't time to write much. Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to all the people who contributed to the travelling to Thailand funds. You can all expect strange and unusual presents. But honestly, if it wasn't for these people (you know who you are, family and extended family) my dream would not have become a reality.

A special thanks to my big sis Zoe for all her practical assistance with research and fact-finding. Thanks to Granny for all the prayers, the girls and boys at work for their kind contribution. Thanks to Katy and Dad for organising a special weekend in Norfolk for us all. I have memories I can cherish forever. Thanks to everyone who has wished me well. I know it's cheesy but I can't assume that everyone knows how grateful I am without saying it.

Hopefully my first post from Thailand will not be too long away.

8 comments:

Zoe said...

I hear you have arrived! Have a brilliant time.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good luck, take care and look out for the monkeys!

Anonymous said...

You have yourself a brilliant time.
Yes be careful of monkeys, especially those bearing fruit- remember Indiana Jones' close escape.
Tom

Anonymous said...

What's the weather like?
Dad xxx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have landed safely, looking forward to your first post from Thailand.

Tricia xxx

hootchinhannah said...

I am already having a brill time but not seen any of the famous monkeys yet. The weather is hot hot hot. No rain yet but I can feel it brewing. Will update soon when I've had a decent night's sleep.

Mudflapgypsy said...

Good luck on the big adventure !

hootchinhannah said...

It's not luck I need for this adventure it's patience. I've just finished 3rd day of teaching. I forgot what a nightmare kids are at that age. They are sweet too though.