Site Meter

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rat Tours and Treasure Hunts

For some reason blogger is not letting me use apostophes. So I will try to write this post without using any. It will be hard as everything has to be written properly. I can not be lazy and shorten words. I think it also makes me sound rather pompous.

Last week we had a treasure hunt for Bert. He was really clever and did not need much help with it. Mel and Mikey made excellent treasure and came bearing gifts of scotch and haggis and honey fudge. Pearlie was treated so some of the haggis and claimed it to be the best thing she had ate in years.

I went in to give Pearlie a cup of tea the other day and she was sitting down to a plate of chips and chicken from the chipper. I asked her if her chicken was good and she tells me that nothing tastes good to her anymore. Everything tastes like cardboard. I says to Bert we may get her a crate of haggis. Or we may boil up a few rabbits in a stew. Or we could fry up the dead rats that Mikey unearthed, she would think that was a quare treat.

Unfortunately I missed out on the dead rats tour conducted by Ben although I heard it was very good. But one of the highlights of the party for me was sneaking out with Mel to eat Zoes delicious coconut icing buns. They tasted like heaven. We also let dirt bird Megham (she is one of the many dirt birds but Dirt Bird is the queen of dirt birds) and lovely Magda in on the secret. I knew they would appreciate Zoes domestic goddessness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god they were the best buns in the world ever. quite simply. i would happily have knocked out anyone who discovered the bun stash & tried to scoff any!
The rat tour was also pretty good -various stages of decomposition. Ben was a fab tourguide.
Maybe Pearlie can just taste strong stuff? How about some curry or Thai food! I can post over boxes of Haggis.

Love you lots & lots. Not long until you go away to exotic lands where pirates exist & strange fruits grow.

Mel.
x x

Anonymous said...

i'm now regretting passing up the offer of said buns...what was i thinking? it wasn't me, it was the beer talking. great to see you as always hannah, and thanks for the hospitality and chats. Can't wait til bert's next birthday - and his 50th, what sort of suprise's will he get then??!

the video's brilliant, you look well excited! good luck in the south-east, you'll love it i'm sure...keep us updated.

mikey x

Nelly said...

Nothin.

hootchinhannah said...


If Pearlie had eaten one of Zoe's delicious buns she would have hated it. Said it tasted like bitter cardboard.

Mikey, seretly I was glad that you turned down the delicious buns. As for Bert's 50th, perhaps we could hypnotise him Derren Brown stylee, fly him to Thailand and wake him up on a hammock on the beach where we'd all be hiding and then we'd jump out yelling SURPRISE! Only problem with that is he'll be 50 and we might end up giving him a heart attack.