Site Meter

Friday, September 08, 2006

Lost For Words Cos There's Too Many

I am totally lost for inspiration at the minute. I don't know why but I thought I'd look over some old books I used to write in to see if it would encourage me. I found something which made me smile. Seems that I am always lost for inspiration.

I feel sad beacuse I can't write anything beautiful. I can't create anything beautiful. Everything I think, I think it's all been thought before, so even if it's beautiful it won't belong to me. People say that being creative can make you happy and it's true. My eldest sister is the most contented person I know and she is always painting, knitting, crafting and cooking. She is a domestic goddess but that's not what makes her happy, that's what makes her boyfriend happy. I am rubbish at all of these. I can't paint, have no patience for knitting and get all hot and bothered in the kitchen. I am the furthest thing away from a domestic goddess. And I'm not that tidy either.

My other sister is a career girl. She is determined and independent. She is focused and strong-willed. She is also creative. But I'm not a career girl either. Nowhere near ambitious enough. Or hardwroking enough. And I've always believed that I'm not really that much good at anything except anagrams. But being good at anagrams doesn't get you that far in life. It just helps you do crosswords, I always thought that by improving my vocabulary I'd become a better writer but it becomes harder because there are more words to choose from.

I am no more inspired than I was to begin with but now there are more pressing matters at hand, like getting Nellymoms a birthday present.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For all your not being able to write, that is something I wish I had the talent to write. It is mostly how I feel, although I amn't even good at anagrams.

Always adrift.

I think your newly-liberated-lesbo mom needs a pair of Nix dungharees.

hootchinhannah said...

Thank you Stray Taoist. You not be good at anagrams but you're hella good at the oul mathematical equations.

Dungarees are the new rage at the minute so it shouldn't be a problem gettim mum some.

Anonymous said...

Please no dungarees - I think I'm still in shock from seeing that back in the '80s when she really did look like a lesbian!

hootchinhannah said...

Yeah, dungarees are cute on kids but tragic on older ladies. I saw a prregnant women wearing them and they looked like they'd been painted on.