Site Meter

Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Rose From God

Last Friday night I went out for a few drinks with my sister Zoe. When I came back home I was carrying a single red rose. Bert wanted to know where it came from.

God gave me it.

Bert wanted to know how God had given me it.

An angel sent it.

So I explained. We had left the pub and were walking up the street when this girl came running after us and gave us each a single red rose. She said it was from God and it was to show us that no matter how much any man says he loves us he doesn't love us as much as God does. Zoe was trying hard to stifle her giggles.

So I was telling Jamie about this and he thought it was nice of God to give us roses. After my second day at work I got home and Bert told me a package had arrived for me. I opened it up and there was another single red rose. Not from God but from Jamie. But he'd outdone God and sent me another wee flower (Bert called it baby's breath) AND............



Chocolates.


So you see, this girl was wrong because Jamie must love me more than God does. God didn't send me any chocolates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do, but gods a bit strapped at the mo being non materialistic but im sure if he could afford hed have given you choclates. But i do love you more than neighbours herbs or prog rock and i love all of them. I cant wait to be over ther darling. U have lovelyness and i miss it.

hootchinhannah said...

God cant afford chocolates?? Hmmmmm. He cant afford decent roses either. The one he got lasted a day and the one you got me is still living.