Site Meter

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Thunderstruck

I was preparing myself for the end of my degree to feel a little hollow. When you devote so much time and energy to something that comes to fruition there is a great sense of relief and another sense of...so what now? I expected to feel a little bored, empty and restless but I haven't had time to. My life is busy and full. Mostly with good things. Stress and worry are never too far away. I am happy but that doesn't mean the whole world is. And, as always, I feel a huge responsibility to fix things. This is an ongoing challenge for me...I am not responsible for the whole world. Having said that...it's what drives me. It's where my passion is directed. I have so much to express I feel like I really need to go live in that hedgerow in Connemara. I feel like I need to sit in a darkened room, listening to music, dancing, writing, singing and cultivating something that can help me to connect.

There has been several thunder storms in a space of a week. It feels like we're on the cusp of something. I witness that thunder in a lot of people. I sense that it's been bubbling away under the surface for a long time and it's ready to explode. Feelings are spilling out and it's not a bad thing but rather, a very necessary thing. It's making room for the sun to shine.

I'm cultivating hope. I'm practicing my self-love. I feel that everything's so fragile but I can keep this fire in soul burning if I rememeber who I am, who I truly am. All those tests I passed, they were hard, but the hardest test of all is taking off the mask, deconstructing the defenses and keeping my heart open just enough to let the light in without drowning in the darkness. And, as always, I'm ready.

2 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

I do not pass by often do I. I have been busy making things. I am quietly working on a large summerhouse and other stuff. The summerhouse was due to be finished ages ago, but is not.

So I am out there in the real world more than cyberspace, but every now and again I stop and think there are things in cyberspace I should go and read, so I do.

One day when I have emptied my brain of these projects I will be able to read more and so will visit more. For now though I will say take care Miss Hannah and run off again. I am running off to sleep as it is late.

hootchinhannah said...

Aaah...Mr. Rob you must never feel bad for not dropping by. I am rather neglectful of the cyber world myself but the real world isn't such a bad place to be at the minute :)