Site Meter

Monday, April 06, 2009

Wrong Change

On Friday I accidentally didn't give a lady in my shop her £20 back. It was an honest mistake. I took her 20 and asked if she had anything smaller. She said she hadn't then found a tenner. Sh gave me that, I gave her her change but for got to give her the other 2o back. I only realised after she'd left and even then I couldn't be sure. I told my boss and when he checked the till it was £20 over. Whoops! We put it in an envelope in the safe and I hoped the lady would come back. I felt really bad about it.

I told mum this on the way home from work. We called in at the garage where I was chatting away to Young Haze about the new light Golden Virginia and when he gave me change of a £20 back I told him that I'd only given him a tenner. So there was 2 chances I had in one day to have money that wasn't mine. But I honestly blieve that getting money like that wouldn't bring any happiness. I was feeling lucky though so I did put a bet on the Grand National. I lost! But then so did a lot of people.

Today I was buying coffee. Again I was given the change of a twenty when I'd only paid with a tenner. I told the lady that was twice in one week that had happened to me. It's funny how during a time of economic recession people are so careless about money. I wonder who the God of Wealth is and why he can't place money in front of me in the form of a new, better paid job.

Anyway, here's how Karma works. I didn't take money that wasn't mine because that's not the way I want to have money. I know many people wouldn't care. Money is money. On Saturday my mate from work got me to climb through the window of her cousin's flat to let her in. She needed the toilet and he wasn't in. Of course I was slightly inebriated which is why I thought nothing of climbing in through the window of someone's flat when they weren't there. All was well until a few hours later I got s call from my mate telling me that I'd left my bankcard at her cousin's house. Only I would be stupid enough to break into someone's house and leave them stuff rather than take anything. I got my card back though. Perhaps if I had taken the change that wasn't mine I wouldn't have got it back. Who knows but I like to think that what goes around comes around and if you try to do positive it will come back to you.

9 comments:

Musings of Mel said...

I concur dude - I'm sure karma exists!

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing, Karma certainly exists as I have found many times. However, you should never, ever bet on the Grand National! It is the cruelest of all horse races and no luck can ever come from something that causes so much distress and even death for so many horses. That is why Karma did not let you win, because someone is looking after your interests. You are on the right path, all will come clear soon!

hootchinhannah said...

Anonymous, you're right that I didn't win 'cause the Grand National is nasty. My boss was telling me she doesn't bet on it anymore because evry year her's was the first horse to go down. I don't think she made this choice out of having a good, kind heart though, more because she couldn't bare to lose the money. But as she was tellig me I did feel a pang of guilt that I had put a bet o. I did't watch it though.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow. Dad xxxxx (or maybe today when today read this)

Tuesday Kid said...

I'd have kept both monies and helped myself to a few things while I was in the house. But I suppose that's why karma sometimes deals me a bad hand.

hootchinhannah said...

Thanks dad xx

To be honest Tuesday Kid, there wasn't much in his house worth stealing, perhaps that's why I left my bankcard. I must have, subconsciously, wanted him to buy a few ornaments off ebay. And a new lock for his window.

ganching said...

Happy birthday, Hannah.

Zoe said...

Happy Birthday

hootchinhannah said...

Thanks Ganching, thanks Zoe xx