Site Meter

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Buttons For Dirt Bird

Yay! Dirt Bird's home for Christmas. She came round on Sunday evening for a coupla pear ciders and beers. We had pleasant chat and drank and were merry. She also came round last night (Tuesday night) for much of the same thing. We had pleasant chat, we drank and were merry ('tis Christmas after all). I reminded her last night that we had a really funny conversation on Sunday but I couldn't remember what it was. After a while Dirt Bird remembered. She said we were talking about me having to clone myself. I said that it would never do as I knew rightly that my clone would get to do all the good stuff while I was stuck with the crappy things. She'd be off galivanting in South America while I was stuck in Next saying Do you want a copy of the Directory? I'd have to kill her and then I would be done for murdering myself. No, it would never do.

So Dirt Bird says...damn I wish she was here now 'cos I've forgotten what she said but it was something along the lines of...yeah but you could make the clone so that it had a little button and when you pressed it you experienced what your clone was experiencing. Hmmm. Good idea. But, I suggested, wouldn't it be better to just make the clone so it was your slave and it had to do whatever you told it? Yeah, says Dirt Bird, and when it was naughty or misbehaving there would be a little button you could press so that it would self-destruct.

I think it's kinda sweet, her obsession with buttons. She said she'd be like Father Dougal Maguire when he was in the cock pit of a plane and he was told not to push the big red button. I might buy her a toy for Christmas. One with lots of buttons to press.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of suitable toys for girls with buttons on them for the past few days, and have been avoiding all the obvious jokes (and less obvious but no less erm, salubrious ones.) Although why avoid when they are about someone called 'dirt bird' is beyond me. I blame my good breeding. Or something.

Anyhow, I recommend (although it isn't quite buttons, but still an ace thing) BopIt! (or a variant thereof. BopIt Extreme is what we have.)

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=argos¶ms=ppc&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FProductDisplay%3FstoreId%3D10001%26langId%3D-1%26partNumber%3D3723803&keyword=bop+it+extreme&langId=-1&engine=adwords%217513&referrer=GG05X&partNumber=3723803&storeId=10001

hootchinhannah said...

Cheers Mr. Taoist. Sounds like just the thing Dirt Bird would love.

Anonymous said...

If you do get one, note my high score on VoxBopSolo is 387. :)