Site Meter

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Whatever Happened To...

Creamola Foam - You know the drink that was powder and you had to mix water with it. I have scoured the supermarkets nationwide looking for this stuff but it seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Hedgehog flavoured crisps - There's only about 3 people in the whole world that even remember them but they did exist. And now they don't. They were pretty disgusting anyway.

Chocolate flavoured crisps - These were horrible anyway. A bit like those chocolate covered pretzels. Whatever happened to them aswell?

Jolly Ranchers - I know what happened to them. The Americans kept them all for themselves. Greedy bastards.

Secret bars - These were dead nice chocolate bars with a rich thick chocolatey mousse covered in thin wispy strands of chocolate. They were delicious. I know what happened to them because I wrote a letter to Nestle. They were taken off the market because the cost of production was too high and sales weren't good enough. They wouldn't give me the recipe.

Vice Versas - The sweets where the white ones were brown chocolate and the brown ones were white chocolate. Such a novel idea.

Rusks - Maybe they do still exist and it's just 'cos I'm an adult I never see them anymore.


But of all these, most nimportantly, whatever happened to Creamola foam. I'd give my right arm and left leg for the stuff. It was probably taken off the market for being dead rancid and poisonous and burning holes in kiddies' stomachs but I still want some.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cremola Foam was a nestle product and it went the same way as the secret bars.

Anonymous said...

a-ha - thats what happened to Cremola foam. Probably did burn holes in our stomachs but I liked it too. I have however seen some vice versas recently - in a wee newspaper shop in Edinburgh and I know 'cos I bought some! there is a very likely possibility they were 10 years out of date. I shall re-visit that shop and if they are still there I shall send you soon. Wispas - they kind of disappeared - apparently they were not v popular. I found Mountain Dew in the states and brought it back for my flatmate who doesn't remember it. whats wrong with him? Do you remember it? and that weird tab clear stuff - was clear cola I think. Bleurgh.

Muchos love.

Mel.x x x x

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Tab Clear, with that scary ad that had 'I've got a brand new combine harvester' slowed down and reversed to say, in a really freaky voice...buy tab clear...buy tab clear...

Remember?

Love Dirt Bird
xx

hootchinhannah said...

I'd forgotten about Tab clear. I'm surprised it didn't stick around. Everyone loves clear cola, surely? What's wrong with you Mel?

I didn't even realise Wispa were no more. I actually liked them. Did aero's replace them? I want a wispa.

I remember the name Mountain Dew but don't remember drinking it that much. Was it like lemonade. I remember everyone thought Canada Dry was beer.

Anonymous said...

hi im sam only 14 but still remembered creamola foam i loved it my gran used to give it 2 me, i ve been looking on the internet and if you go onto ebay and search "creamola" there will come up with a coupple of items from austria the add says tasted the same a creamola foam it is in pack of ten sashes for bout £2, i baought some 2 nght will let u lot no if it is any good, alsoo TEXAN bars no more they made them years ago stoped then end of last year started making them for 8 months then stopped again strange cos every1 loved them i was on ebay this morning and baught an original box of 32 4 8 pounds, out of date feb 06 but still b ok (i hope) there are fab but not as good as creamola foam

hootchinhannah said...

Hi Sam, I must go on to ebay and see what other delights from the past I can find. Thanks for letting me know.

I'd forgotten all about Texan bars. They had peanuts in didn't they? I'm sure yr out of date ones will be ok if it was only feb '06.