Site Meter

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love Is In the Air

I tried to post a Happy Valentine's message for my man yesterday but couldn't get the picture attached so I gave up. It woulda been mushy anyway. But today is our 3 year anniversary which is significantly more important than Valentine's and I still can't get the picture attached.

Me and Jamie don't really do Valentine's day. We think it's commercial bollocks. People in work were asking me if I was getting anything and I said no. When I got home there was a rose waiting for me. According to Nelly, the guy that delivered it wasn't driving an Interflora van and when he asked for me her initial thought was 'Oh God, it's the CID looking for Hannah' I says to her, sure what would the CID want me for and she said she knew that whatever it was they must've got it wrong. Hmmmm.... faith in her daughter oozing from every pore.

There was a wee card with the rose and it was handwritten but not in Jamies writing. I know he does practically everything through the internet so he must have typed the message to go with the rose. Interflora obviously employ someone to handwrite the messages to make it look more loving and personal for the recipient. I think that would be a good job. Writing out people's cheezy love messages.

So Jamie babe, I was only asking if there was a postal strike over there too 'cos I sent you a card. I was trying to keep it a surprise but the goddamn postal workers have more rebellion in them than I do patience. It will come. Eventually.

And finally, Happy Anniversary baby, fucking hell that makes me feel old to say. I love you more than tayto wuster sauce crisps and cream eggs. I love you more than Neighbours and Sublime. I hope you get your card soon cheese face.

No comments: