Site Meter

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Driving Mr. Davies

Yaaaaaay. Congratulations to my boy Jamie who passed his driving test. Well done sweet pea I can't wait 'til you're driving me everywhere. No more stinky buses! Lethal. Tomorrow is Pearlie's 80th birthday and I've bought her a new apron. I had no idea they were so hard to shop for. I went in nearly every old lady's clothes shop there is in Ballymena before I found somewhere that sold them. The reason I bought her an apron though is because Pearlie doesn't care much for presents that are of no use to her, like ornaments or things. When I gave her a christmas present she said "Och it's very nice but all the same I wud rather hae something I could use, like a pair o' stockings or a bottle of shloer or something" I couldn't face buying her stockings so I got her the apron and a bottle of shloer.

Last night was one of those rare nights I had trouble getting to sleep. I had thoughts racing through my mind. Not worries about money or health or anything stressful like that. I was pondering the great mystery of the leap year, like, why do they happen only every 4 years? Why do we even have them? Do other parts of the world have leap years too? I hope it doesn't keep me awake again tonight. Although, today's great mystery is; why am I so charged with static electricity? It started a couple of weeks ago. What causes it? Why is it happening to me loads now when it never did before? The hairdresser could hardly cut my hair with it flying all over the place. I vaguely remember learning something about static energy at school but I don't quite remember how it works. I just remember the bit with the balloon.

1 comment:

hootchinhannah said...

Tayto onion rings are the best. I wonder why it's always the cheap shops in stoke that sell tayto crisps. Maybe they're out o date.